Sunday, December 1, 2013

I did it!!!!!!!

Hey, all!  Well, today isn't strictly about the surrogacy.  I'm just so excited that I had to share a personal milestone with all of you.  This morning, I finished my very first half marathon!!!!  My goal was to finish in under 3 hours and I finished in 2:48:52!  I had a blast.  I met up with a lot of other mamas and made a couple new friends out on the course.

Moms Run This Universe!  We're missing a couple, but got most of them!

We started with our meet-up for Moms Run This Town at 5:30.  Then, Olivia and I walked towards the start line together and separated to head to our pace groups.  I started off with the 2:45 Jeff Galloway pace group.  I managed to stay with them until I had to stop to use the bathroom.  I caught back up with them, but ended up slowing down a bit and sticking with my new friends.  Olivia high-fived on the course when she passed me heading towards the finish line.  She was a lot faster than I was!


One of my favorite mamas, Olivia!  

Another favorite mama, Shelley!


Sadly, I didn't get to see Shelley on the course.  But, I know that she did cross the finish line and I'm super happy for her!!!!  I did, however, see lots of other mamas from my running group!  At least one of the ladies I ran with is also a mom, so we were talking about our kiddos on the course.  It helped the time to pass quickly.  I'm pretty sure that if it weren't for them and Olivia cheering me on, I may not have crossed that finish line.  But, I did, and I couldn't be prouder of myself!  My next half isn't until Celebration in January, but I'm so pumped!



I'm so excited I finished!!!!!

You probably don't know this, but I actually had to clear it with the doctor to run this race because of the surrogacy.  They had to make sure the timing would work with the transfer.  The transfer is in another 3 weeks or so, but they want to make sure it won't mess with my body too much.  I also had to make sure the parents were ok with me running the Celebration half, even though it's a full month after the transfer.  The doctor at the clinic doesn't see any problem with it since I'm running that much now, but he thought the parents might worry, especially since they're first-time parents.  They seem to be fine with it, though, and are excited for me.  I'm sure they realize that exercising during pregnancy is healthy and running won't hurt my body as long as I don't overdo it.  I've learned, as a runner, to listen to my body very carefully.  

Tomorrow, I go back for blood work again to make sure the medications are doing their job.  The lady who takes my blood at the clinic I go to recognized me from the last time I did this and she was happy to see me.  She knew I was pregnant with twins last time and was thrilled to hear it had been twin girls.  She'll be the first to find out if I'm pregnant once the transfer happens this time.  I'll be going every week for about 2 months for blood work.  I won't be handed over to my own doctor's care until I'm 8 or 9 weeks pregnant.  

That's all for today.  I'll keep you all posted as things happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment