Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Travel arrangements and random things

So, the travel arrangements have been made!  I will be flying into White Plains on December 19th and will land around 8:30pm.  I will be staying in Norwalk, though not in the same hotel, and the transfer will happen on December 20th.  I will fly out the morning of the 21st and be back in Orlando around 1:30pm.  I have an ultrasound this coming Monday to make sure the medication is working.  Once we have the results from that, we'll be able to nail down a time for the transfer on the 20th.  I'm hoping it will be early enough that I'll get to see a good friend of mine who lives in the area.  I haven't seen him for a few years, so it would be nice.

One of the questions I've been asked has been what level of contact I will have with the parents during the pregnancy.  When we had our phone conference, we talked about how often we would communicate.  Obviously, if something happens, they're going to be the first to know.  Other than that, I'll probably check in with them once a week or once every couple weeks, just to let them know how everything's going.  Every time I get an ultrasound done, if they aren't there, I'll send them the pictures.  I'll also be letting them know about results from any tests I have to have done.  When it comes to after the delivery, it's totally up to the parents.  I still get updates from the previous family (the girls are getting so big!!!) and would love to have that kind of relationship with this couple.

Another question is where I will deliver.  It's actually stated in the contract that after so many weeks, I'm not allowed to travel.  At all.  The first restriction will be out of country, but after 36 or 38 weeks, I won't be allowed to travel for any length of time outside of Orange County, which is where I live.  I'll be giving birth at Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Children, just like I did with the twins.  I had a c-section with the twins, but would love to have a natural birth this time around, if at all possible.  I had a natural birth with my son and I prefer it to a c-section.  The main reason, for me, is that it will provide a faster recovery time and that's essential for me going back to work and back to running.

I've also been asked about the financial aspect, which I will answer in another blog post.  I can tell you that, as an experienced surrogate, I will get substantially more this time around than I did with the twins.  And, I also get more for having more than one child at a time.  If you have any other questions or suggestions, comment!  Comment and let me know that you're reading this!  I enjoy all kinds of comments, even the nasty.  They make me giggle.

2 comments:

  1. I have another question, Do you use your own eggs or do you use donor eggs for the fertilization process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eggs are actually the mother's. She just can't carry to term for health reasons. The egg and sperm are completely the parents. I'm a gestational carrier. A traditional carrier means that it's the carrier's egg, which I don't think I'd be okay with.

    ReplyDelete