Monday, December 30, 2013

Am I or am I not?

Well, today marks 10 days since the transfer.  It also marked the day of the pregnancy test.  I went in at 7:15 this morning after dropping Matt off at the babysitter to have the blood work done.  I then went to work at Macy's til about 1.  I had to pick Matt up, then we had to drop my car off at the auto shop because my brakes need to be replaced.  It's a crappy time to have it happen, that's for sure.

Let me just say that I have had a ton of nausea.  I had to leave work early yesterday because of it.  It's frustrating to say the least.  I really hope it doesn't last like it has with my previous pregnancies.  With Matt, I was sick during my first and third trimesters.  With the twins, I was sick the entire pregnancy.  But, it was totally worth it both times.

In case you didn't figure it out by the last few sentences, my test came back positive.  That's right.

                                     I'M PREGNANT!!!!!

My due date is September 12th, which is just 4 days after my own birthday.  I want to start taking bets now that I will spend my birthday in the hospital.  Lol.  All my levels were good.  My HCG levels, which told them I'm pregnant, are a little high, so I go in on Thursday to check that they're rising normally.  My first pregnancy scan will be sometime next week, I believe.  That will tell us if there really is only one or if the egg split on its own and there are 2.  We might even get to hear the heartbeat.  The parents are absolutely thrilled, of course.  Now, it's just 9 months of waiting.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and the parents! Best wishes for a happy, healthy and uneventful 9 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck girl....many blessings your way because what youre doing is once again a blessing in itself and im sure the parents are ecstatic. congratulations and I look forward to seeing the pictures this time as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha don't worry, there'll be lots of pictures! Thanks so much, Liz!

      Delete