Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The beginning of the journey...

Hey, all!  This is my blog devoted to my second surrogacy journey.  I have been matched with Intended Parents and we are currently in the legal process, as well as pre-screening.  I have to head up to CT on Sunday for testing on Monday to make sure everything is hunky dory.  So far, this journey is proving to be a VERY different experience from the first one.  

Here's a little history for all of you who may not know.  I first applied to be a surrogate mom in August 2010.  In May of 2011, I got accepted to the agency I am currently working with.  In October 2011, I got matched with my first set of parents.  They were great, and I still get pictures of the twins!  That's right.  I had TWINS.  In March of 2012, we all met each other for the first time.  I got pregnant in June 2012 and on February 13th, 2013, I gave birth to healthy twin girls.  It was my first c-section (I had my son naturally) and it was definitely a very different experience for me.  Having twins in general was an eye-opener.  Luckily, my cousin had had twins of her own in May 2012, so I was constantly asking her questions about things that my body was doing.  She probably got sick of it after awhile.  Lol.  But, she was gracious enough to answer all my questions and offer as much advice as she could, which definitely helped!

I took about 7 1/2 months and thought about whether or not I really wanted to be a surrogate mom again.  I decided I did.  For the most part, I enjoy being pregnant, but having another child of my own just isn't in the cards right now.  I got back on the list in early October, before the Tower of Terror 10-Miler race at Disney World, and within a few days, I was already paired with a second set of parents. Things are moving very quickly this time around.  I've already been started on some medication that will help get me ready.  Like I said, we're already in the legal process which, at this point, means the contract is going back and forth between lawyers while we tweak it.  My pre-screening in Connecticut next week will include both physical and psychological testing to ensure that my body and my mind can handle it.

That's it for now.  Later, I will do a post on why I decided to be a surrogate in the first place, so keep an eye out!  Thanks for reading all of that and I sincerely hope you'll stay with me for my journey!

4 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing young woman. To give such a gift like this. There are no words. I'm proud to know you. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big hugs! I'm so happy to know you as well and thank you for helping start this blog!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I can't wait to hear more of this story. I don't think I could ever be a surrogate, and I'm fascinated to peek into the minds & hearts of those who are able to perform such a selfless act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I can help satisfy your curiosity. Lol.

      Delete