Friday, November 15, 2013

I hate paperwork.

Let me just say that I hate paperwork.  It seems like it's never ending with the surrogacy.  I've sent all the medical records from the last surrogacy to the new clinic, but now they're telling me that they're incomplete.  I'm not quite sure how, considering it includes all my prenatal appointments and the delivery report.  Anyway, I spent most of my lunch break on the phone today with the agency and my doctor's office.  Now, I have to call the hospital where I gave birth to see if it's possible that they didn't send some of the results of tests I had done there to my doctor.

Also, there's the paperwork dealing with the legal contract between myself and the IPs.  I've gotten the final copy of the contract in my email, but I have to print it out and then my husband and I need to sign it.  It also has to be notarized and then faxed back to my lawyer.  I then have to send the original to their lawyer.  It doesn't sound like a lot, but when we're rarely home at the same time, it's difficult to find time to get it notarized.

Then, there's also the paperwork for us to get reimbursed for expenses incurred on this trip, such as lost wages, childcare, and pet boarding.  We have to get pay stubs, copies of schedules, and receipts together, scan it all in, and email it to them after we've filled out the form.  Luckily, my husband got most of it together earlier today, so now it's my turn to finish and then send the email out.  I just feel like I'm overwhelmed at the moment. I'm trying to find a few free minutes at a time to get stuff together or at least plan when to do things.

Here's my to-do list right now:
1. Get all the paperwork together and send the email out to be reimbursed.
2. Call the hospital and get any records not sent to my doctor so I can send them to the clinic.
3. Print out the contract, sign it, get it notarized, then fax and mail it back.
4. Take my birth control and prenatal vitamins!

I forget #4 a LOT.  Lol.  The hubby has to ask me every day if I've taken them yet cause he knows I forget.  Hopefully, once all that's done, we'll get a transfer date!

No comments:

Post a Comment