Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Race Recap

So, as most of you may have read, I did the Walt Disney World Inaugural 10k on Friday, January 10th.  I felt a little nauseous, but was confident I could do well.  I would run with a few of my friends and we'd all have a blast and it would be a great time.  Well, that was the plan, anyway.  It didn't really happen that way.

I started out strong and ran for a decent amount of time after I crossed the start lines with my friends. Then, we settled into our intervals of 1/:30.  In case you don't know, that means you run for a minute, then walk for 30 seconds.  We got past the 1-mile marker together and then we saw the first water stop.  It was about that time that I realized that I had to stop doing intervals that way.  I was getting dizzy and nauseous, all at the same time.  So, I slowed down.  I ended up walking a large majority of the last 5 miles.  I didn't stop for any characters and there were a few times I wanted to just stop altogether, but I knew I'd regret it, so I kept going.  I passed some of my fellow mamas and got high-fives, which helped a lot.  The humidity was rough, but being pregnant was harder, I think.

My next race is the Celebration Half Marathon on January 26th.  I'll be racing with lots of my mamas and I know they'll help me get through it.  That's what we do.  I'm looking forward to it.  It'll be my second half.  While I'd love to finish in 2:45, I'll be lucky to finish under 3 if I still feel like this.  The doctor is supposed to be calling in medication for me today, so I'm hoping to have it in my system by the time I run.

Here are a few of the official pictures from mine and Matt's races!  You can tell he had a lot more fun than I did!  They only got one decent picture of me, but got a lot of him.  :)

According to Matt, "Mickey's waving bye!"

I love this picture just because I look like an idiot or something.  He's having a blast and I'm worried.  Lol.

That's my baby!

So proud of him!

Action shot!

Another action shot!

The one good picture they got of me.  My legs look pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment