Thursday, January 16, 2014

Change in plans

So, today, I had another ultrasound.  I'll have one every week for the next few weeks.  Everything looks good.  The baby had a normal heart rate of 131bpm.  He/she is growing like they should be.  We did discover something, though.  It looks like the baby continues to grow faster than we thought they would.  The due date was supposed to be September 12th, according to the date I got pregnant.  The baby has plans of their own because my due date is now September 4th.  I'm still thinking I'll be spending my birthday in the hospital, but we'll see.

Some people have asked about whether or not I plan to have another c-section with this baby.  The answer is, unequivocally, NO.  My OB doctor told me, after I had the twins, that I would have to have another c-section.  Honestly, I don't believe him.  When we went up for the screening, the doctor there asked me what I wanted.  I told him I want to have a VBAC and he said he saw nothing wrong with that.  If need be, I will be having an honest discussion with my doctor and will seek a second opinion.  I don't want to go through major surgery again if I don't have to.  It was difficult enough the first time.

The nausea continues to be bad.  The doctor called in a prescription for a new medication, but I haven't been able to find out if the pharmacy has actually filled it.  If not, we have issues.  I'll only be able to take the medication at bedtime, but I'm praying it will work during the day cause it's difficult to work when you're doubled over.

I went in and put in for a transfer out of food services at Disney.  I'd love to move into merchandise or work as a park greeter.  My 90 days is next week, so hopefully, I'll get a call soon saying that they have a spot open for me.  Keep your fingers crossed and send happy thoughts and pixie dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment