Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Woohoo!!!!

So, today I had my monthly doctor's appointment.  I will be 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  The baby's heartbeat was good and normal.  I've gained 7 pounds over the last month and I am not happy about that.  I need some serious help with keeping my weight steady.  I did ask the doctor about this annoying cough and he said that right now, I obviously have no immune system, so I just need to be more careful about getting sick.

There was some really exciting news, at least for me.  He said I can increase my mileage to 4-5 miles!  I told him I did 4 on Saturday (not actually meaning to), but had no pain or bleeding, and he said that it was fine if I did more, as long as I don't do too much.  10k, here I come!  Lol.  I'm going to see if I can talk him into letting me do at least one at my next appointment in another month, depending on how I feel.  The parents are also okay with me doing more, as long as the doctor's okay with it and I listen to both his instructions and how my body does.

I scheduled the ultrasound for next month, as well, so we can see how baby boy is doing.  We're all moved into our new home, though we're still unpacking a few boxes.  I do need to find a nice bookshelf to put mine and Matt's books on.  Between the two of us, we have a lot.  Lol.  Next week is Matt's spring break.  I don't have my work schedule yet, but I'm hoping to find a couple cool things for us to do, depending on when I have off.

My plans to go to Ohio for Mother's Day are slowly solidifying.  Because moving cost so much, I'll have to wait to buy the tickets next month, but I'm excited!  Matt and I will be up there for about 5 days and will stay with one of my best friends.  It'll be my last trip out of state before baby's born.  That's pretty much it for now.  I'll let you all know how things go as the pregnancy continues.  Hopefully, the pregnancy insomnia will go away soon, cause I'd really like to get a good night's sleep.

2 comments: