Monday, March 10, 2014

The biggest drawback

I've gotta say, the biggest drawback to being pregnant is that I have absolutely NO immune system.  I always get sicker quicker when I'm pregnant.  For example, I've had this nasty cough for a little over 2 weeks now.  There haven't been any other symptoms, just the cough.  I ended up calling my doc on Friday night, who recommended heading to the ER in case I had the flu.  I go to the hospital and you know what they tell me?  My lungs are completely clear, but they're going to give me antibiotics.  I didn't think that made much sense, especially since I've been coughing stuff up every day, but he's the doctor, so I'm going to listen.  I started taking the antibiotics and the cough isn't as frequent, but it's just as hard.

Oh, we've got big news (kinda).  We're moving to a new home on Thursday.  The place we live now is raising the rent to $855/month (from $708), which makes no sense because there's another complex around the corner from us that is owned by the same company and charges $130 less for a 2/2.  We currently live in a 2/1.  The new place we're moving to is a 2/2 and charges about what we pay now.  It's also in a better location, being closer to Matt's preschool and Universal (where the hubby works). Hopefully, it all goes well.  The parents texted me today to remind me not to lift heavy things during the move.  :-)

My next OB appointment is on the 19th.  Matt and I have a 2-miler this weekend and then I'm meeting up with some mamas on the 18th to celebrate some big accomplishments.  I've got races planned through next month, though they're all 5ks.  I'm particularly excited for the Pig Run of Lake Nona in April.  You get to eat a donut halfway through the run!  Matt and I will each eat 1 donut (you can eat up to a dozen).  Hopefully, in May, I'll get to go to Ohio for a visit.  I'm hoping the rest of the pregnancy will fly by with all the plans I've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment