Friday, July 4, 2014

What happens now?

Well, here's what's been going on.  I was supposed to have an appointment yesterday (July 3rd) with a potential new doctor.  However, on July 2nd, they called me, stating they needed my records from my current OB/GYN BEFORE my appointment, even though they had originally told me that I could just bring them to the appointment.  Then, they claimed I was 33 weeks, even though I wasn't even 31 weeks yet.  I'm not sure what date they were using, but it wasn't the transfer date I gave them.  When I reminded them of the transfer date, they then called my insurance company and supposedly were told that my insurance wouldn't cover anything since they don't cover anything with infertility.  They never gave me the chance to explain that I was a surrogate.  However, the insurance company knows I'm a surrogate.  So, after all this run-around, they cancelled the appointment on me.

Well, then I had to reschedule my appointment with my original OB that was scheduled for next week.  So, I went in yesterday.  The doctor asked me what was going on and I explained to him about the other doctor.  He then said, "Well, then what are you going to do?"  To which I had to reply, "I have no choice.  I'm stuck."  Don't get me wrong.  I really like my doctor.  If he did VBACs, we would not have a problem.  But, he doesn't.  And I absolutely do NOT want another c-section unless it's an emergency.  Unfortunately, at this point, I have nowhere else to go.  I did tell him that I want to go into labor naturally.  I want baby to decide when he's going to show up.  He didn't say yes, but he didn't say no.  He kinda side-stepped the issue a little.  I think it will be something we will continue to discuss as things proceed.

Honestly, at this point, I'm still terrified of having another c-section.  Every bone in my body says I can VBAC, but I feel like I'm being pressured to have a RCS by everyone else.  I just don't know what I'm going to do.  I feel like no one is taking what I want and feel into account.  It's very difficult right now.  I've also had to cut back on the amount of hours I can work in a day.  The doctor gave me a note saying that I can work no more than 7 hours.  I get nerve pain in my stomach if I'm on my feet for so long.  Even sitting down for 15-30 minutes doesn't do any good.

On a brighter note, I did a 5k this morning to celebrate the 4th of July.  Our group won the team challenge and was able to donate $500 to the military charity of our choice.  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I did it.  My next 5k is in August, when I do the virtual 5k that MRTT is putting on.  It's going to be awesome!  I'll keep everyone updated as things go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment