Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Yahoo!!!!

Today was my monthly check-up at my doctor's office.  Baby is doing very well, with a regular heartbeat and a very active little body.  It took the doctor a couple minutes to find him.  Of course, I knew he was active, since he likes to kick me at midnight every night.  Hopefully he'll kick on Sunday or Monday during the day so the parents can see it or feel it.  The ultrasound is on Monday morning.  It's the first time they'll get to see their kiddo live.  :-D 

I had some really good news at the appointment.  As you may remember, in January, I ran a half marathon.  Well, I walked a lot more than I ran.  However, it caused some issues and I was told then that I was unable to run at all during the rest of my pregnancy.  I would only be allowed to walk 2-3 miles a day.  While it hurt, I understood why.  Last month, my doctor increased it to 4-5 miles, still walking.  Today, I hesitantly broached the subject of being allowed to do intervals again, running 30 seconds, walking for a minute to a minute and a half.  You know what the doc said?  YES!  I'm so thrilled.  Listening to my body will be crucial, obviously, as well as walking more than I'm running.  I'm just so glad I can run again at all.  It will help in my training once I have the little munchkin.

On another note, yesterday was the 1-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing.  My friend Kirsten and I went out there and did 4 miles to honor the victims and survivors.  It felt amazing to get out and go, especially since she was nice enough to turn around and come back to me whenever she finished her running intervals.  We ran for those who could no longer run.  We ran for those who are no longer with us.  We ran because we will never forget.



We are #BostonStrong
One day, I would love to run in the Boston Marathon.  I won't be fast enough to qualify until I'm like 80, but I may join a charity one year. As a runner, it would be an honor to run in one of the most elite marathons in the country.  As a human being, I'm fairly certain it would be just an incredible experience to witness the support given by the community and the country.

That's all for now.  If I'm able to, I'll post about the ultrasound on Monday and maybe there will be some pictures in there, too.  :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment