Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My first OB appointment

So, today was my first OB appointment since I got pregnant.  The doctor told me he was happy when he found out I was pregnant again.  He knew I was going to do surrogacy again and he's glad he can be along for the second journey, just like he was for the first.  He's also glad it's just one this time.  Lol.

Everything looks good.  He said I'm definitely pregnant, just in case I didn't already know.  ;-)  He didn't make any comment about the weight gain (17 pounds since I got pregnant).  I know I need to stop the weight gain, but I don't know how.  It's frustrating for me.  I know it's not healthy.  I'm looking into starting meal planning and preparing my meals for the week, hoping that will help.

The parents had some cool news for me today.  When the clinic did all their tests on the embryo, they found out what the sex was.  I remember them telling us at the transfer that they weren't going to say what it was at that time.  Well, apparently, because I'll be 12 weeks on Thursday, they told the parents what they're having.  I won't reveal it here just yet.  I want to do a big surprise, probably in a week or two.

Alternating between super nauseous and wanting to eat EVERYTHING continues.  I know it's contributing to the rapid weight gain.  The ginger candies the parents sent me help a lot and they're sending more.  The doctor did say I could walk and swim, thankfully.  I'll be doing the Royal 5k this weekend and I'm trying to see if Matt can do it with me.  It would be his first 5k and I know he'd have a blast.  I'm also volunteering on Thursday morning at the expo.  I plan on buying one thing at the expo, but I have no idea what.  Lol.  Any suggestions?

2 comments: